The dragon descending into Halong Bay
With a folk tale giving the bay its name, the sighting of sea snakes by a french sailor led to believe dragons filled the sea in this area. Halong Bay is now a popular tourist destination due to the natural beauty of the landscape, this is a unique place to visit and an amazing opportunity for taking a relaxing yet adventurous cruise around the limestone mountains.
Things To Do
This is an incredible destination in Vietnam, renowned for its stunning natural beauty. It is the perfect place to get away and enjoy some of the many activities there. From more sporty and adventurous to the relaxing and sunbathing, it has entertainment for everyone!
- Take a cruise and enjoy the panoramic views of the limestone cliffs and islands
- Visit Cat Ba Island, the largest island in the bay, and explore the stunning natural scenery
- Kayak through the calm waters and capture breathtaking photos of the islands and rock formations.
- Go spelunking and explore the impressive Hang Sung Sot Cave, or the “Surprise Cave.”
- Dive into the crystal clear waters and discover the colorful coral reefs, exotic fish, and other marine life.
- Take a hike to the top of Titop Island for scenic views.
How to get to Halong Bay?
The bay is located 2.5 hours away from Hanoi and is accessible by bus or private car hire. It is recommended to book a cruise to properly experience the bay.
How long should you stay in Halong Bay
One to two nights is the most common form of cruising you can find, as it gives you time to enjoy the landscapes and participate in activities.
Where to stay in Halong Bay?
Taking a cruise is highly recommended when visiting Halong Bay as it is the only true way of experiencing the sights. Boats range from low end to luxury.
When to go to Halong Bay?
The best time to visit the city is during dry season from October to May.
Come discover it's beauty.
Get in contact with us to learn more about this destination and how you could present this beautiful trip to your clientele.